What We Do
Wilson Young Costello PLC’s clients include policyholders in disputes with insurance companies, insurance brokers and agents in various regulatory and business matters, and parties involved in complex contractual disputes. Wilson Young Costello’s attorneys have experience in obtaining insurance coverage for policyholders in connection with property losses, business interruption losses, bodily injury liability, environmental and toxic tort liability, products liability, professional liability, directors' and officers' liability, commercial crime insurance, reinsurance, as well as many other types of insurance issues.
Wilson Young Costello is also active in regulatory and administrative matters, with a wide spectrum of experience in dealing with state and off-shore regulators in creating and operating captive insurers. Our attorneys possess extensive experience in addressing both regulatory and administrative disputes and pursuing resolution of such disputes through administrative proceedings.
Wilson Young Costello also counsels policyholders on the breadth and extent of their risk transfer arrangements, methods to maximize insurance recoveries for first-party claims (property damage and business interruption losses), and strategies to protect their interests in third-party (liability) claims that may be covered by insurance policies.
Practice areas include:
- commercial transactions
- complex commercial litigation
- insurance coverage analysis and opinions
- insurance coverage litigation
- insurance regulatory disputes
- captive insurance arrangements
- representation of insurance agents and brokers
- investigation, analysis and valuation of losses and claims
- property appraisal disputes
- sufficiency of insurance coverage
- risk transfer
- complex business interruption claims